Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Hopfully 1 Last Speed Bump !!!!


Well at our last meeting with SCCA we were gearing up for radiation and being admitted to Children's Hospital. But with great disappointment we were put on hold again because of the RSV virus going through SCCA's facility. There were 3 patients that have contracted the virus in the last 2 weeks so lock down is in place again at SCCA. This Virus is very dangerous to transplant patients and could prove fatal to a patient if they get it during the transplant possess.

With Matthew's new schedule we will have more testing on Superbowl Sunday to make sure that he is well, so far He and his Sister Nicole are. Matt will have his last LP Chemo on Monday the 4th, then 2 days of rest, then finally we start the full body radiation on the 7th. Matt will have doses of radiation twice a day for 4 days, then 2 days of extensive Chemo, then 1 day of rest, and then Finally the transplant will take place on February 14th valentines day. All of Matt's testing looks good so far, and his Leukemia is in remission for now.

We hope this next week goes a little more smoothly than last. We are living in Seattle by the UofW arboretum. It's hard to get used to the noises of a busy city at night, but we are getting used to it. Our duplex is only about 5 minutes from UofW Hospital and about 9 minutes from Children's Hospital.

Both Matthew and Nicole wish everyone their best. Matt cant wait to have visitors and Nicole cant wait to see her friends too. Thank You for all your Love and Support the Yantzer's

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Matt and family,
My name is Karen Gustafson.We haven't met, but Laurie Selle has told me about your family and the leukemia. She may have told you something about me because I was diagnosed with ALL with the Philadelphia Chromosome (hey, I like to be unique!)in April 2003. I was a teacher at Bonney Lake Elementary - with Laurie--and I had to stop teaching right away. I made it through induction chemo, went into remission, but had some bad side effects. One being my liver going crazy and threatening to fail, then a stroke and a brain biopsy. Good times. Anyway, none of my family was a match, but fortunately they found a donor pretty quickly through the National Donor program. I went through the radiation, chemo, "rest" and received my new chance at life on July 29, 2003. I spent about 33 days in the hospital,then in the city until Halloween. It isn't easy, I'll be honest, but I know you can do this. My advice; starting swishing salt water as much as you can as soon as you've started radiation. It should help reduce the sores you'll get in your mouth. Also walk as much as you can! Tell your parents to make sure to take care of themselves so they can take good care of you. Rest, eat right, take breaks, and accept any help offered. If you or your parents ever want to talk to someone who's "been there", please feel free to write to me. My email address is dkand2gus@comcast.net
Best wishes for you and your family.
Karen
PS Everyone in my church has been and continues to be praying for you and your family.

Anonymous said...

Hi Matt! Our fingers and toes are crossed. Hopefully, your schedule won't change again and everything will go as planned. We need to get this going so we can see all of you guys again. Good luck, keep the spirit and our prayers are with you.
Scott, Kim, Curtis, and Cody

Anonymous said...

Hi Matt, I hope that everything is going as planned. We've been busy planning this year at troop meetings. We have a merit badge lock-in at Buckley Hall this weekend. We sure will miss you not being there.
Keep in touch, ours prayers are with you.
Curtis Fielding